Posted Under: General Information on Meniere's Disease / Syndrome
Found this interesting article by Jean Perrins regarding a “possible” connection with acidosis and Meniere’s Disease….here is a summary:
There is currently inconclusive scientific proof as to the cause of Meniere’s disease, but all of the clients in my clinic have responded to alkaline, ionized water. That points a finger at dehydration. It makes sense because inflammation caused by acidosis and dehydration can cause tissues to swell. Some evidence points to middle ear infection, syphilis, head injury, viral illness, respiratory infection, stress, fatigue, use of OTC and prescription medications, allergies, smoking, alcohol use and genetic factors. All of the above creates acidity in the body with the exception of genetic factors which only govern 35 percent of what is going on. The other 65 percent is within our power to change.
I will continue to offer alkaline, ionized water to Meniere’s sufferers to see if they all respond to the alkaline, ionized water. It is a very specific kind of water, made in a machine that hooks up to your kitchen faucet. It changes the tap water into alkaline, super-oxygenated, super hydrating, high antioxidant water that rids the body of free radicals, free radical damage and toxins. It actually restores the body to its most natural pH, which is near neutral. Most importantly, it stops the dizziness, nystagmus and vomiting in its tracks.
***2014 Comment: Dehydration has been linked to drop attacks so this may not be as obscure as it sounds.****
Alkaline, ionized water helps to restore the body’s pH balance and thus symptoms that occur because this balance is lost, return to normal. If you are plagued with this debilitating condition, you may want to try adjusting your body pH.
Jean Perrins is a former nurse and admitted health nut who writes health articles for a number of on-line and off-line sources. As an avid researcher, she knows how to squeeze every ounce of health in a body. To access more of Jean’s articles, go to http://www.drinkalkalineionizedwater.com.
This was posted in 2009. Now in 2013 I can say I have heard very little about this since. I am not dismissive of anything but it has to be said we have been shown very little evidence of Acidosis being a major factor in the symptoms of Meniere’s. If you have any experience or evidence that shows it is a factor we would love to hear from you either by email or posting on here.
***2016 Comment: pH balance is important and acidic water/food can be a problem. Squeezing Lemon or lime into water creates an alkaline balance inside the body. Even cancer cells can not survive in alkaline.
Noble prize Winner Dr. Otto H Warburg , who discovered the real cause of cancer, has found that the root cause of cancer is oxygen deficiency. Oxygen deficiency leads to an acidic state in the human body. Dr. Warburg also found that cancer cells are anaerobic (do not breathe oxygen) and cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen, as found in an alkaline state.
“All normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen – a rule without exception. Deprive a cell 35% of its oxygen for 48 hours and it may become cancerous.”
Our diet plays a vital role in maintaining proper pH levels in the body. PH balance is the balance of acid and alkaline in all fluids and cells throughout your body. Your body must balance the blood’s pH levels at a slightly alkaline level of 7.365 in order to survive. Unfortunately, the typical American diet consists primarily of toxic and acid-forming foods like processed sugars, refined grains, genetically modified organisms, and etc. This leads to unhealthy acidic pH. An imbalanced pH can interrupt cellular activities and functions. Excessively acidic pH can lead to many serious health problems such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and heartburn. If you keep your body in an acidic state for a long period of time, it can drastically accelerate aging. Robert O. Young in The pH Miracle, says, that most health problems arise from being acidic. This is because parasites, bad bacteria, viruses, and candida overgrowth thrive in acidic environments. But an alkaline environment neutralizes bacteria and other pathogens.
With this information in hand it may not be too far fetched that somewhere along the line during your onset of Meniere’s symptoms, acidic diets and therefore cells may contribute significantly to your problems
Your pH balance is important.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to use our contact page